Arlington Unitarian Cooperative Preschool is a child-centered cooperative preschool with the mission of developing and encouraging social, intellectual and physical development in the children entrusted to its care.
To that end, AUCP seeks to:
- Provide a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment.
- Respect the individual needs of each child.
- Foster a climate that encourages confidence, compassion and curiosity.
- Attract and retain outstanding teachers and staff with competitive wages and a collegial environment.
- Support and encourage the professional development of teachers and staff.
- Improve parenting skills through parent education and classroom participation.
- Build community through active parent involvement in a parent-led cooperative.
- Provide an affordable education through parent participation in school activities, committees, maintenance and fundraising.
- Encourage open communication and problem solving between parents, teachers, and staff in the interest of the child.