AUCP Admissions 2017-2018
Thank you for your interest in AUCP. The application deadline to be included in our admissions lottery for the 2017-18 school year has passed. The lottery will be held in late February with acceptance and/or waitlist notifications distributed by mid March.
We are continuing to accept applications for the 2017-18 school year. New applications received will be added to the waitlist in the order they are received.
How to Apply
Apply Online: Complete your application online, and pay your application fee by credit card or Paypal: 2017-2018 Application
Paper/Check: Download and complete the application from the link below. Send completed applications and a $25 check (made out to AUCP) to Margaret Lefbom; AUCP Membership Co-Chair; 4444 Arlington Boulevard; Arlington, VA 22204.
AUCP accepts children ages four months (six weeks if sibling enters the program) to five years of any race, color, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin.
If you have any issues downloading the application, please feel free to contact AUCP Membership to have a copy emailed directly to you.
“I believe I am a better parent because I am surrounded by people who know my child and who have been a wonderful source of information, suggestions, and reassurance.”
– AUCP parent
AUCP is open to applicants of any race, color, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin. AUCP conducts a lottery each year to fill any openings and does not carry a waitlist over from year to year (although some priority is given to those who were on the waitlist in the prior year). There are priority groups within our lottery system, as listed below. After the application deadline, applicants will receive notification of their admission or place on the waitlist.
Admission Priority Groups:
- Children of AUCP faculty1 and current students returning to the same class2
- Current students
- Siblings of current students
- Former students and their siblings3
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington pledging members and friends4
- Applicants from the previous year’s waitlist5
- 1 Faculty members only have priority in enrolling their Panda-age children in one day more than the number of days they are teaching. Requests for additional days will be considered only after the requests of children in groups 2–4 have been met.
- 2 Current students returning to the Panda class will be given priority for up to two Panda days. However, these students may not enroll in a third Panda class until all applicants from groups 3 and 4 have been offered up to two Panda spots.
- 3 Former students must have completed 1 full school year to be eligible for this priority
- 4 “Members/Friends of UUCA” must have been pledging members/friends for at least one year prior to the UUCA application deadline. Status is subject to confirmation by UUCA and its requirements. Only the status of an applicant’s parent/legal guardian is applicable for this priority (i.e., the status of grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. does not impact the applicants priority).
- 5 Students from the prior year waiting list (who applied by September 30th) will be given priority but must submit a new application and fee.
After the application deadline, new applications will be considered in the order in which they are received, except those of siblings of enrolled students, which will continue to receive priority.
Application Form (2017-2018)
Download the 2017-2018 AUCP Application here: AUCP Admissions Application (2017-2018)
You may also contact AUCP Membership for an application or with any questions you may have.